Types of Signs
There's a wide variety of signs nowadays, from traditional to modern techniques, catering to everyone's needs. There are lots of different types of signage, and each type has a specific use. Each type of signage works well for some application but not work as well with others.
Stated below are the types of signs:
- Advertising signage include signs whose sole purpose is to promote the business. These signs offer a terrific way to get exposure and to get the business’ name out. The signage can be made of many materials and in specific forms - banners, pavement signs, magnetic vehicle signs and neon signs are all considered advertising signage. But if you want to spend more, you can have your car designed to make it look like a moving billboard. These signs will surely draw attention to the public and be able to inform them about your company - with name, phone number, a catchy slogan and other details.
- Neon lights signage includes signs that are lit up to attract more eyes from the public, especially at night. These signs are often found in bars and pubs to create a very colorful inviting atmosphere. And can be found on the road when there's an excavation going on at night.
- Street signage includes road signs that give direction, information and warnings. These signs include speed limits, stop and go signs, warning signs for danger roads, curves, limited view, steep incline or decline and any other road hazard. Street signs also help motorists to navigate and find their way to a location, such as street signs that also states the distance from one place to another.
- Signage comes in many types and in different forms, and the best uses for each type will vary depending on what your exact requirements and needs are. Custom made signage creates involves signs that are exclusively created and designed based on your specifications. This type of signage creates a unique feel and taste towards whatever it is that you’re promoting. Banners are a great type of custom made signage; it can be used for personal and business use. Any party or event can be announced through a banner.
- Digital imaging and screen printed signs – with the latest equipment and ink technology, it makes highest quality photo realistic digital images in-house - which is one of the most effective signs of today.
- Plinths and pile signs – provide eye catching free standing signage. These signs can incorporate 3D or illuminated components.
- 3D lettering signs – these signs add quality, character and significantly lift the facade of a flat surface. It is also effectively used as a reception signage, enhanced point of sale or in combination with illuminated signs.
- Reception and architectural signs – from 3D to acrylic panels with stainless sign mounts. This compliments the theme of the building or the reception area.
- Windows and frosting signs – frosted glass window provide privacy for meeting rooms and subtleness for your company logo. And high quality professional window signs and graphics will give your company a greater impact to people.
- Point of sale signs – logos and business signs can be promoted economically in a variety of options - posters, stickers, banners, footpaths signs, tents, etc.
- Vehicle signs and graphics – vehicle signs and graphics provide a great medium to continuously advertise a business. Vehicles are professional designed to act like a moving billboard.
All in all, no matter which type of sign you choose for your personal or business needs, here are some factors to consider and question to ask yourself before deciding:
- Think about what you want the signs to do
- What purpose should the signage provide
- Where should these signs be placed
- Who are you trying to attract with these signage